Sunday, June 2, 2013

Curlkit Contest Winner






My chances of winning are always slim, so when I received an email from BHM that I won the April Curlkit, I was super happy. 

For those of you that don't know what Curlkit is, Curlkit is a monthly subscription that offers Natural hair products. If you are like me and you don't really know what works for your hair, they do all the work for you and offer different Curly girl solutions. In each kit you get a selection of things from shampoos, stylers, hair accessories, etc. 



T

This theme for April was Spring for Moisture. If ya'll are like me, hot humid months like Spring and Summer kill my hair. I have the hardest time keeping it moisturized and no matter what I have in my hair it feels as though the sun will just fry it. So I was excited to see that this month was about moisture.




In every Curlkit, it provides a booklet that contains things from products that the Curlkit has and articles form different bloggers and vloggers. 
















This Month's Contents Were:
  1. Ori Essentials Moisturizing Leave In Conditioner
  2. Ampro Pro Styl Vitamin E Oil
  3. Honey Curls Hair Honey Oil Blend
  4. Karen's Body Beautiful Sweet Ambrosia Leave In
  5. Naturalista Cosmetics Juicy Leave In Conditioner
  6. Amazing Botanicals AloeMInt Spritz
  7. Bonus Items


They offered two full size products in this months Curlkit. ORI Essentials Moisturizing Leave In Conditioner is a new brand. I have never tried their brand before but after smelling it, I'm sure I will try it soon. It is very creamy and my hair loves leave ins. Ampro Pro Styl Vitamin E Oil was a full size product that was offered in a previous Curlkit and I was happy to see it again. I use this oil for my son that has very sensitive skin after he takes a bath and it leaves his skin soft and smells great. I actually ran out of this product and didn't see it in the stores, so it was great to see it in the Curlkit.





This Curlkit also offered four deluxe samples. If you have followed my blog, you know that Karen's Body Beautiful Sweet Ambrosia Leave in gets 5/5 from me. Its light and creamy. I don't really care for the smell that was provided in the kit, but I still love this leave in so it will still be used. 

Naturalista Cosmetics Juicy Leave In Conditioner is an item that is new to me. I have heard good things about it. With this item it is pretty high priced but from reviews it seems as though it is worth the money. This product is a little thick looking to me. It looks more like a styler than a leave in. It smells amazing and I will give it a try one day.

Honey Curls Honey Oil Blend is also a product that I have never seen nor heard of before. I'm not a big oil user at least when it comes to my hair but after looking at the list of oils that were in the oil blend, I can't resist using. Also with this month being about moisture, It's a good chance for me to try out the LOC method and I will use this. The oil is thick similar to a castor oil thickness. 

Amazing Botanicals AloeMint Spritz is a brand that I have heard of. I really don't use refreshers that often. It really doesn't have a smell to me, but it says that it will soften your hair and my 4 type hair needs anything it can for moisture and softness.





They did include two samples in this months kit. One was the Ampro Pro Style Shine Jam, which is a conditioning Gel in extra Hold and the other was Ampro Pro Styl Silk Edges which we received a full size in a previous Curlkit. I dont use gels that often any more so I gave these away to my mother, but with the Silk Edges, I actually liked it. It laid my edges don't so smooth but I did notice that I couldn't really use it with other products because I caused flakes. 


Overall, I am very thankful to have won the April Curlkit. This kit was amazing and I believe that I will enjoy the products they had to offer. I will give a few reviews on the products that I haven't tried soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment