Saturday, June 8, 2013

May Curlkit




I received this Curlkit about two weeks ago and was shocked that I received it but I will post my review on it since I did. Now for those of you that don't know what Curlkit is, Curlkit is a monthly subscription service that offers a different selection of items for Naturals. Every month the Curlkit team picks things from Shampoos to stylers and even hair accessories. This month's box had a special theme for Mother's Day "More Moisture Curlkit"


I thought the cover of this month's Curlkit was really cute and it really went well with the Mother's day theme

This months Curlkit's contents were a little shocking to me this month

This months Curlkit's contents were:
  1. Giovanni Tea Tree Treat Invigorating Conditioner
  2. Giovanni Tea Tree Treat Invigorating Shampoo
  3. ORI Essentials Cleansing Conditioner
  4. Nyah Soap Oatmeal & Honey Natural Soap
  5. Yum Yum Candle Peach Bellini
  6. Bonus Items



This months kit was unlike the others. The tissue in this one and the shredding was a off white color to make the kit a little softer on the inside.



I was really excited to see the Giovanni products. These were deluxe sizes (2oz each). We received both the Giovanni Tea Tree Treat Invigorating Shampoo and Conditioner. As always, Curlkit includes Curly girl friendly products and I checked the ingredients and they look great. Both of the products state that they are suppose to be used to alleviate dry, flaking scalp with organic tea tree botanicals. I love the way tea tree oil feels on the scalp and will be using these next wash day. 





This months Curlkit included one full size product. As in April it was another product from ORI. This products is a Cleansing Conditioner. It states that it is an alternative to shampooing and is able to be used daily. I do my wash days once a week and I am not into cowashing my hair. I'm a big fan of good shampoo so I'm not sure if I will be using this one or not.




Seeing a candle in this months Curlkit was a big shocker to me. This candle is made by Yum Yum candles and they offer a range of soy candles. The one included in my Curlkit was a Peach Bellini candle. OMG is all I can say. Although a shock, I actually like the candle. It smells so good. As it states it's a candle you will like to burn.




We got two bonus items this month. In my Curlkit, I received the U R Curly Tight Curl Enhancer. Now I am a big fan of both U R Curly Shampoo and Conditioner, so its great that I have one of their stylers too. My hair is very coily so I'm hoping that this product will offer me a great twist out. 

Also I received a Satin Triangle. I have already used this product and I like it. With most scarves, they give you this big square that you are going to fold in half, especially if you have shorter hair like me. So with this satin triangle it was a short cut. It stayed in place and it didn't make hair sweat. It was very light. 

Also offered in this kit, which I didn't picture individually, is the Nyah Soap. The Soap provided was the Oatmeal & Honey Natural Soap. Let me say that this soap smells wonderful. I have been big on soaps lately and have never heard of her product before.


Overall Thoughts:

My overall thoughts of this kit was that it was ok. Curlkit Normally spoils us with more than one full size, so I would have liked to see another full size  product in this kit. I will say that I'm happy that they introduced me to products I would have never thought to look at like the candle. 

June is the birthday month of the founder of Curlkit and their June Curlkit is said to have contents worth 50.00 and is suppose to have 3 full size products along with deluxe samples. I'm excited about this kit, just the thought alone. 


















No comments:

Post a Comment