Thursday, August 30, 2012

Wet Twists Vs. Dry Twists

The most common question I get from people is, "Do I twist my hair while it is dry or wet?" My answer is simply, "It's all about your preference." What do you want from your hair? Do you want length or volume? how long to you want your twists to last?


Why Wet Twists?

The reason you would want wet twists would be for definition to your curls. With your hair, you are able to de tangle your hair easily. To twist your hair you can use your favorite leave in conditioner and seal with a little oil which will help you maintain the moisture in your hair. This by far is my favorite type of twists out. No because you are doing a wet twists you must know you will experience shrinkage to the MAX. However, the volume of you curls will be amazing once you decide to separate for a twist out. What I notice from wet twist outs is less frizz and I normally can keep the twists for about a week and half and when I am ready to untwist my hair it doesn't tangle.

Why Dry Twists?

                             

If you want to have more length, the dry twist would be for you. By dry twisting you will be able to stretch your hair minimizing the amount of shrinkage that you have. Your hair may not have as much volume, but it will still have a nice curl definition. Normally with dry twists, I notice frizz, but when I untwist it is still gives me nice results. The frizz actually makes my hair look like it has more volume.


No comments:

Post a Comment